Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test
Anna University organizes the Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) on behalf of the Government of Tamil Nadu for admissions to MCA, MBA, M.E/M.Tech/M.Arch/M.PLAN courses offered at University Departments/ Government and Government Aided Engineering Colleges/ University colleges of Anna University, Arts & Science colleges and Self Financing colleges in the state of Tamil Nadu.
For M. Tech/M.E/M.Arch/M.Plan Programmes:
The applicant should have qualified any one of the following with a total of 50% (45% for candidates belonging to SC/ST categories)
- B.Tech/B.E/B.Arch in the particular stream.
- MCA Lateral Entry degree (2 years) after 10+2+3 year’s degree in B.Sc. (Computer Science / Information Technology or BCA.
- MCA degree after 10+2+3 year’s bachelor’s degree course.
- Master’s Degree in the important branch of Arts/ Science
- B.Sc. degree in Computer Science / Information Technology and M.Sc. degree in Information Technology/ Computer Science
- M.Sc. (5 years) Integrated Degree Course.
- B.Pharma / B.Sc degree in Forestry / Computer Science / Horticulture / Fishery
For MBA Program
Candidates should hold minimum 3 years duration Graduation degree with obtaining 50% marks (45% for reserved category candidates) either by following 10+2+3 years pattern or B.Tech./ B.E./B.Arch./B.Pharm or 10+3 years Diploma +3 years pattern or 10+2+AMIE* or 10+3 years diploma+ AMIE.*
For MCA Program
Candidates should have completed 3 years duration Bachelor’s degree with Mathematics at Graduate level or 10+2 level and secured minimum 50% marks (45% for reserved category applicants) either by following 10+3 years diploma + 3 years Pattern or 10+2+3/4 years Pattern or 10+2+AMIE* or 10+3 years diploma+ AMIE.*
For MCA (Lateral Entry)
Candidates should be having minimum 3 years duration Bachelor’s degree such as B.Sc (Computer Science / Information Technology) or BCA and have studies Mathematics at Graduate level and 10+2 level by following 10+2+3 pattern. Candidates should have secured minimum 50% marks (45% for reserved category applicants) in the qualifying exam.
*Candidates who are appearing in the final year exam of above mentioned entrance test during April/May 2016 are also eligible to apply.
*Other state students may proceed to apply but they eligibility would be determined by the respective authority.
Age Limit: Min 21 years.